Tuesday, January 12, 2010
Tuesday, December 29, 2009
Monday, December 21, 2009
Information shows that about 1,500 bottles of packaged drinking water are consumed each and every second around the world and about 80% of all these bottles reach the landfills. This means that every minute in the world’s population is adding more than 72,000 plastic water bottles to the landfills, which end up polluting the limited freshwater sources
New York-based graphic design agency is producing an installation that inspires people to recycle plastic water bottles used by them into a beautiful piece of art. The installation uses 1,500 water bottles, which is precisely the number of bottles used ever second.
Tuesday, December 15, 2009
Monday, December 14, 2009
- Americans drink 26 BILLION LITERS of bottled water per annum.
- Americans fling away 2.5 MILLION plastic bottles each and every HOUR.
- 86% of disposable plastic water bottles end up in U.S. LANDFILLS.
- Nearly 1.5 MILLION barrels of OIL are used annually to make them.
To overcome the hazardous situation use multi purpose usage WATER BOTTLE :
- Economical – REFILLABLE with tap water or purified water.
- Convenient – COLLAPSES to a hockey puck shape and simply stores in your purse, carry-on, etc.
- SAFE AND REUSABLE – BPA-free and also dishwasher safe - tested for more than 1,000 uses.
Friday, December 4, 2009
But as a substitute of using these bottles to make other bottles, some artists are using them to make some really complicated and beautiful sculptures. These serve two purposes, one they are great to look at and secondly they remind people that the plastic bottle are not for the dust bin they have many uses, like these pieces of excellent work.
Wednesday, December 2, 2009
In these works, collection of over 100,000 bottle caps and lids to make momentary installations. The caps and lids are re-used in each and every new installation.